Preparing Your Argument
Before you begin writing, follow these guidelines to help you prepare and understand the case study:
- Read and Examine the Case Thoroughly
- Take notes, highlight relevant facts, underline fundamental problems.
- Focus Your Analysis
- Identify two to five fundamental problems.
- Why do they exist?
- How do they impact the organization?
- Who is responsible for them?
- Uncover Possible Solutions/Changes Needed
- Review course readings, discussions, outside research, your experience.
- Select the Best Solution
- Consider strong supporting evidence, pros, and cons. Is this solution realistic?
- Write your position for each prompt in 250-300 words. Focus on the details and avoid
After you have composed the first draft of your case study analysis, read through it to check for any gaps or inconsistencies in content or structure:
- Is your thesis statement clear and direct?
- Have you provided solid evidence?
- Is any component from the analysis missing?