Most important part is creating mental health education for adult homeless populations. I would like to focus on substance abuse detox ( alcohol heroin cocaine use marijuana etc since my homeless clients are almost all suffer from addictions. And also walk about other disorders such as depression anxiety PTSD and panic attack etc. )
- The objective of this assignment is to complete an aggregate-focused health needs assessment, identify an area for health promotion/disease prevention, and develop and utilize a community teaching plan (CO2 and CO5).
- This assignment pertains to and will be implemented with the population/community you have chosen for your practice learning experience.
- Complete an educational needs assessment in your chosen community setting utilizing available health statistics and community-identified health education needs.
- Review development considerations (e.g, age, health literacy levels) of the target community.
- Summarize your literature review and assessment findings, as well as your education and evaluation plan rationale in a 2 to 4 page paper (not including references).
- Develop an education plan template (using the template below) and health education material for this population.
.An education plan template is usually brief and consists of bullet points with limited narrative.
.The template for your education plan and the teaching material(s) must be submitted during week 6.
- Review current literature on the topic (evidence-based practice) using scholarly nursing journals (e.g., through CINAHL, Medline) or clinical practice guidelines from: Joanna Briggs Institute, Cochrane database or AHRQ (guideline.gov).
- Review A Guide to Community Preventative Service (https://www.thecommunityguide.org/).
- Develop a program goal and one or two objectives – this is based on your assessment of learning needs (not what you want to teach – see Rector Chapter 11) and uses educational objectives from Bloom’s taxonomy (see also Rector, page 421).
- Summarize content of activity- content follows logically from your needs assessment and objective(s). If your plan includes an activity (e.g., presentation), consider time limits.
- Summarize or list teaching strategy (based on above).
- Summarize content of written material (based on goal and objective)
- List one or two strategies for evaluating the effectiveness of the teaching activity.