Discuss the process of Japanese woodblock prints including the materials and techniques used. Who were the key artists using this technique? How are these prints different than prints created in the west? Discuss the influence of Japanese woodblock prints on 19th c. artists such as Claude Monet, Edgar Degas, Mary Cassatt, and Vincent Van Gogh.
- Your discussion post and any images used must be embedded and not attached. DO NOT ATTACH your work. Attachments cannot be opened and will receive a zero.
- Your post must be a minimum of 400 words written in paragraph format.
- All scholarly sources used must be properly cited in the Chicago Style. (You can review course policies on citations & sources here).
- Use the Image icon in the toolbar to embed images. Select upload and drag the images from your desktop.
- Proofread for grammatical and spelling errors.
- You must comment and provide a thoughtful contribution to one of your classmate’s posts in a minimum of 100 words. Simply stating they did a great job is not a thoughtful contribution to the discussion. You must add to their post by elaborating on what they have written or provide a different perspective