The next steps in the evidence-based practice (EBP) process includes implementing and translating the intervention chosen in the PICOT question (Week 1) into the clinical setting. Pilot projects are often used before implementing a change into an entire organization. Discuss the following questions related to implementing the chosen PICOT intervention as if a pilot test project were being facilitated by the masters prepared nurse:
In older people with Alzheimer’s disease (AD), how efficient are mental stimulation and memory training compared to Aducanumab in managing agitation and restlessness throughout 10 years after initial diagnosis?
- Briefly explain the problem and the PICOT question and the intervention
- Describe the pilot project for the chosen intervention and include:
- Explain the who, what, where, when and how of the pilot project
- Describe a specific model or framework of change that will be used to facilitate the implementation of the intervention.
- Describe the stakeholders and their roles in the pilot project.
- Propose two (2) strategies that would promote engagement of the stakeholders in the project.
- Discuss a specific practice guideline that supports the intervention.
- Identify major organizational resources needed for the pilot project.
- Discuss how the outcome of the intervention will be measured.
- The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, 5 to 6 pages excluding the title and reference page.
- Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
- Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
- Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: I, we, you, me, our may is not used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
- Include a minimum of four (4) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
- APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
- Submit the assignment to Turnitin prior to the final submission, review the Originality Report, and make any needed changes.
- Submit by the posted due date.