In this assignment, you will have the opportunity to engage in a self-assessment of your knowledge pertaining to Ethics and Diversity in Addiction and the application of generalist intervention skills. This paper should be used to communicate your understanding of generalist social work practice, knowledge of a Code of Ethics, and how to apply conceptual frameworks to a population of interest. Late submissions are not accepted and will not be reviewed or receive feedback from the course instructor. Papers submitted with any form of plagiarized information will receive zero points. Students are responsible for any work submitted for grading and must ensure the paper does not: replicate work/paper written from another course or lack appropriate citations. Late papers are not accepted.
This paper must follow APA Style guidelines and include the following components: Title Page, abstract with keywords, Body, References, and Appendices (if needed).
In this paper, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrate understanding of the foundational concepts and historical perspective of Ethics and Diversity Issues in Addiction.
- Critically apply advanced generalist practice skills, generalist intervention model, systems theory, and strengths perspective within a diverse context.
- Recognize ethical issues and dilemmas and demonstrate the ability to appropriately address these within the diverse context of professional social work practice.
- TITLE PAGE
- ABSTRACT with keywords
- INTRODUCTION (1/2 page)
- PRACTICE COMPONENTS (1 page)
- Guiding conceptual frameworks: Describe how 2 conceptual frameworks are relevant to your identity as a social worker:
- Framework 1
- Framework 2
- Views of human diversity and cultural competence: Think about your understanding of human diversity and cultural humility and address the following in addition to other considerations you may have:
- How do you view human diversity and cultural humility in relation to social work practice?
- BRIEF LITERATURE REVIEW (2 pages)
Conduct a literature review on an Ethics and Diversity Issue in Addiction of your choice. Your literature review section must cite a minimum of five peer reviewed articles from social work journals. Analyze the literature related to your specific topic using the following logical sequence:
- Introductory section
- Magnitude, frequency, and distribution of problem/issues: Affected geographical areas and populations groups (e.g., ethnic, gender identities, age, etc.).
- Probable causes of the problem/issues: What is the current knowledge of the problem and its causes?
- Possible solutions: What evidence-based practice (if any) solutions to the problem been attempted? What are the results of attempted solutions?
- PPM AND AREA/TOPIC OF INTEREST (2 pages)
Discuss how you might apply each of your PPM practice components (one conceptual framework, cultural humility, social work values and ethics, and generalist practice skills) to help the population of your area of interest to receive social work services.
- 7. SUMMARY of PPM (at least .5 page)
Summarize your entire PPM and discuss implications for further development of your
eclectic knowledge base. Include a brief statement of how you intend to manage self-care and practice safety as a social work professional.