I’m working on a history project and need a sample draft to help me learn.
After Chattanooga, General Sherman (under orders from General Grant) moves his army south. His object is taking Atlanta. This is your next assignment. Read all you can about this effort. Study the details and only Sherman’s move to Atlanta should be studied.
1. What contest did Sherman’s forces have before taking Atlanta?
2. Who were the Generals that Sherman faced and what were their strengths and weaknesses?
3. Why was one Confederate general replaced by another, and do you think this was a strategic move?
4. What was so important about Atlanta that made it a target for Union forces?
5. Was the burning of Atlanta the only destruction that took place?
6. Where did Sherman go after Atlanta?