USING ” STARBUCKS ”
examine Starbucks industry in which the entity operates. Use any or all of the following resources to conduct research on the company:
Write a 4-6 pg in which you do the following:
- Choose the two segments of the general environment that would rank highest in their influence on the corporation you chose .
Segments of the General Environment
-Demographic Segment ( is concerned with a populations size, age structure, geographic distribution, ethnic mix , and income distribution)
-The Economic Segment ( refers to the nature and direction of the economy in which a firm competes or may compete).
-The Political/ Legal Segments( is the arena in which organizations and interest groups compete for attention resources and a voice in overseeing the body of laws and regulations guiding interactions among nations as well as between firms and various local gov.)
-The Sociocultural Segment ( is concerned with a society’s attitudes and cultural values)
-The sustainable Physical environment Segment ( refers to potential and actual changes in the physical environment and business practices that are intended to positively respond to those changes in order to create a sustainable environment.
- Assess how these segments affect the corporation you chose and the industry in which it operates.
- Considering the five forces of competition, choose the two that you estimate are the most significant for the corporation you chose.
FIVE FORCES OF COMPETITION
3.COMPETITIVE RIVALRY AMONG FIRMS CURRENTLY IN THE INDUSTRY
5.POTENTIAL ENTRANTS TO THE INDUSTRY
- Evaluate how well the company has addressed these two forces in the recent past.
- With the same two forces in mind, predict what the company might do to improve its ability to address these forces in the near future.
- Assess the external threats affecting this corporation and the opportunities available to the corporation.
- Give your opinions on how the corporation should deal with the most serious threat and the greatest opportunity. Justify your answer.
- Give your opinion on the corporation’s greatest strengths and most significant weaknesses.
- Choose the strategy or tactic the corporation should select to take maximum advantage of its strengths, and the strategy or tactic the corporation should select to fix its most significant weakness. Justify your choices.
- Determine the company’s resources, capabilities, and core competencies.