This week, we will discuss accents and dialects in literature. The following are a list of potential authors and works you can use for this assignment. I tried to choose works that you might easily find excerpts online. You are not required to use someone from this list, but this is a good range of different types of accents and dialects.
Authors Who Use Accents and Dialects
- Mark Twain: Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- Toni Morrison: The Bluest Eye
- Trainspotting: Irvine Welsh
- Wuthering Heights: Emily Bronte
- Tess of the d’Urbervilles: Thomas Hardy
- Anything by Shakespeare